2AC Gallery is located in The Alice and Agate Courts Historic District consists of 36 row houses set on two half block cul-de-sacs designed by Brooklyn architect Walter M. Coots in the Queen Anne style. Located on the north side of Atlantic Avenue between Kingston and Albany Avenues, the houses were built in 1888-1889 for industrialist Florian Grosjean. These row houses form a quiet residential oasis in the midst of the heavily commercial Atlantic Avenue and are characteristic of the late-19th-century development of Bedford-Stuyvesant spurred by transportation improvements. Swiss immigrant Florian Grosjean co-founded the importing firm of Lalance & Grosjean in the 1850s, and by 1863 had opened a tin stamping factory in Woodhaven, Queens. The company’s success, mainly from the manufacture of enamel-coated iron utensils known as agateware, was reflected by Grosjean’s extensive land holdings, including the property speculatively developed as Alice and Agate Courts. A native of Rochester, New York, W.M. Coots relocated to Brooklyn in the 1880s and became prominent as the designer of row houses and other mainly residential buildings. Constructed of red brick, brownstone, bluestone and terra cotta, the buildings of Alice and Agate Courts feature asymmetrical facades, but use collective symmetry within the rows themselves and repeating decorative details to create an interesting overall composition. Among their prominent features are conical-roofed corner turrets, projecting or swelled bays, rock-faced and carved stonework, foliate- and geometric-pattern terra-cotta and metal trim, elaborate ironwork and stained glass windows. To a large extant, the rows retain their original appearance and much of their original material. Situated just north of the busy thoroughfare of Atlantic Avenue, these Queen Anne-style houses form a quiet enclave on two cul-de-sacs and represent the small-scale residential development of late-19th-century Bedford-Stuyvesant.